Guayaquil Climate & Temperature
- Guayaquil, Ecuador is at 2°9'S, 79°53'W, 6 m (20 ft). See map.
- Guayaquil has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Guayaquil is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 25.8 degrees Celsius (78.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 2.8 °C (5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1025.8 mm (40.4 inches) which is equivalent to 1025.8 Litres/m² (25.16 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1580 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Guayaquil you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia where you would find a Tropical wet climate (Tropical moist forest biome).
Guayaquil Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Guayaquil Climate Graph in Metric Units
Guayaquil Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Guayaquil, Ecuador Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Antonio Narino, Colombia - 492.6 kms (306.1 miles) NE
- Aepto.San Luis, Colombia - 414.7 kms (257.7 miles) NE
- San Gabriel, Ecuador - 383.4 kms (238.3 miles) NE
- Otavalo, Ecuador - 321 kms (199.5 miles) NE
- La Concordia, Ecuador - 249.5 kms (155.1 miles) NNE
- Quito, Ecuador - 270.7 kms (168.2 miles) NE
- Izobamba, Ecuador - 248.3 kms (154.3 miles) NE
- Nuevo Rocafuerte, Ecuador - 515.4 kms (320.3 miles) ENE
- Rumipamba, Ecuador - 191.5 kms (119 miles) NE
- Pichilingue, Ecuador - 126.7 kms (78.7 miles) NNE
- Puyo, Ecuador - 227.4 kms (141.3 miles) ENE
- Milagro, Ecuador - 32 kms (19.9 miles) E
- Canar, Ecuador - 113.9 kms (70.8 miles) ESE
- Loja Argelia, Ecuador - 222.2 kms (138.1 miles) SSE
- Moyobamba, Peru - 539 kms (334.9 miles) SE
- Chachapoyas, Peru - 502.8 kms (312.5 miles) SSE
- Chiclayo, Peru - 514.4 kms (319.6 miles) S